Your local pharmacy is the best place to go if you’re suffering from common illnesses.
Pharmacists are experts in medicines and can help you without an appointment. Most have private consultation areas, so they are a good first port of call. Your pharmacist will tell you if you need further medical attention.
What can a Pharmacist do to help you?
- Repeat prescription and medicine dispensing
- Disposal of unwanted or out-of-date medicines
- Treatment and advice for minor conditions
- Healthy living advice
They may also offer:
For more information, visit the NHS website here
- Medicine use reviews
- New medicine service
- Flu vaccination service
- Advice on alcohol consumption
- Carer support
- Chlamydia screening and treatment service
- Condom supply service
- Emergency contraception
- Emergency prescription medicine supply
- Weight management service
- Pregnancy testing
- Help to stop smoking
- NHS health checks (blood pressure, cholesterol or blood glucose testing)
Find your local pharmacy using the NHS website here